Sunday, June 08, 2008

Exciting week ahead!

Kendall's last day of kindergarten is Wednesday. Wow! This year has flown by. She is sad that she won't have the same teacher next year. And, we most likely are buying a Toyota Corolla this week and parking Pete's gas guzzlin' truck. Both of our automobiles have over 100,000 miles on them so traveling long distances is tricky. And I am going to the CIA on Saturday. Not that one, but the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York. My sister gave me a gift certificate to a one day boot camp. I'm so excited--I am going to learn how to make tapas and I think there will be a lecture on pairing foods and wines. Then Saturday evening I will be heading over to Ithaca to meet up with Pete and the kids. We will be checking out the new puppy that will come to our house in August. Kendall has named her Lily and she was born June 1. I have never had to train a puppy so I am not looking forward to that. I thought life was getting easier--and it was--so I will be grumpy (ier) in August. If you check out the picture Lily is the one with the heart on her head. The breed is a German Short haired pointer.

I will be more and more gray. I can feel it. :)

4 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

How ADORABLE!!!! You are right, you are going to have your hands full, but it will be worth it!

I am extremely jealous about your cooking class!

Katrin said...

OK- so you can now officially count on me coming to visit you. Tapas, wine and a puppy? How long can I stay? Two or three months?

Kelly said...

Katrin--Stay as long as you like! We also have a studio apt above our garage! We love having company!

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh, the CIA sounds WONDERFUL! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!