Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Happy Fall!

Hello!  It's been a while.  Things are going well.  My daughter is a senior (AACK) and my son is a sophomore in high school.  Time really does fly.  

We have become "house poor" with the addition, but so happy to be able to host dinner parties.  It's nice not being embarrassed of one's home!  Now, I love having people over!

My title of "happy fall" is sort of misleading.  I like fall...as long as it doesn't end too quickly.  I'm not a fan of winter.  I like the crisp, cool days of sunshine that September gives.  It won't be too long before the skies stay gray and it turns colder.  I know I shouldn't wish the days away, but in the next few months, I most definitely will.

And then there is my daughter and her senior year in high school.  In some ways, I wish I could stop time or make it slow down a bit.  I feel the need to savor every moment with her knowing that next year things will change.  I'm sure she will be ready, though.  And a teenager daughter is not always easy to get along with.  There are the mood swings and drama of high school kids.  Hard classes (she frets over anything that is not an A) and essay writing for colleges.  Field hockey practice every day when there is not a game.  She's a starter this year, so there's that.  I love hearing her name over the loud speaker.  I know that next year this will just be a memory.  The house will be feel different next year for sure.

No comments: