Friday, July 31, 2020

We will survive!

I'm tired.  It has been a few, long months of this pandemic.  I know I will get through it.  I'm thankful our addition was completed before I started working from home, as well as having air conditioning.  It's good to remember just how good I got it.  I'm healthy.  My family is healthy.  I have a roof over my head.  And food on the table.  

I do miss some things from before, however.  I miss traveling carefree.  I miss planning trips.  I want to go to Europe!  Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to travel and experience different cultures.  So, this staying home all the time is hard.  I can't wait to explore this big world again in the future.

In other news, we drove 18 hrs to Kansas to pick up a new puppy.  He was the runt of the litter, but don't tell him that.  He's BIG!  He has a huge personality and he keeps us on our toes.  Since we are home, it's a good time for a pup.  I hope I can survive until his baby teeth fall out.  He seems to be fitting in the family.  If only the cats would want to play with him.  We have time.

My daughter will go off to college this fall.  In just a few weeks, she will be on her own.  It's not what any of us envisioned for her freshman year.  She's handling it really well, from what I can see.  This age group seems better equipped for all that life can throw our way compared to other age groups.  Time will only tell...






No comments: