Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday. She is 70! She doesn't see 70 to me (whatever a seventy year old is supposed to be like). She loves Razorback sports, especially basketball. I can remember when she turned 40. She didn't like that birthday but I think she has been OK with all the other big ones.

My mom is one of the wisest women I know. I have learned a lot from her example and I'm blessed to have her. She made sacrifice after sacrifice for us kids growing up so that we never felt like we were missing out. If she was having a bad day, I never knew it. She was brave and strong during her time with breast cancer and became stronger for it.

When I was a kid, she was the softy and we walked all over her. I think I only saw her get mad a handful of times. I wish I could be more like that. I'm not too old to try to be more like my mother. I know that to this day, whatever I need, if she can do it, she will without complaint. Happy birthday, mom! I love you.

1 comment:

Auburn Kat said...

Great post about your mom! Happy bday to her (belated that is)!