Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy Birthday to Pete


We celebrated Pete's birthday this weekend. Originally scheduled for Friday night, we moved it to Saturday night since Kendall was sick Thursday and Friday. My man turned 43 and he wanted a Tapas meal for his birthday dinner. Phew! We had dishes everywhere. Two other couples came over and it was a fun time.

We started the night with a Kir Royale and then had some nice wines. I made a Baked Brie with caramelized onions for one of the dishes. Gosh, we had so much that I can hardly recall all of them.

I think one of the favorites was Scallops Provencal. It's an Ina Garten recipe and is very easy to make. Pictured below is an Herb sandwich from Parma. That particular recipe came out of my Mario Batali cookbook. It was yummy. It looks like a pie-I'm not sure why he calls it a sandwich except it was easy to hold with your hands and eat. It wasn't too hard to make, either.

The night ended with decaf espresso and chocolate ganache cake. Decadent, I know.


No comments: