Wednesday, May 04, 2011

My son finally had a game tonight. It wasn't raining, but the field was sloppy wet. And it was really chilly out there. This spring is sucking wind as far as I am concerned. I need some sunshine because my mood is horrible. I've been in a funk for a few days and the sun better come out soon. But, one of the moms at soccer mentioned that she got a dog when her husband walked out on her last year. Nothing like that to make one realize that it can always be worse.

Actually, today I felt a little better in the afternoon because my husband and I spent some time together today. Oh, not a romantic day but that's OK. He took off today because we thought we were going to be replacing the septic tank (we will later on when the ground dries a bit), but instead we did some handy stuff around the house. He asked me if I wanted to go to Lowe's with him. Of course I didn't want to go to Lowe's but I did anyway. It was fun hanging out with him midweek. Oh, but I can't stand Lowe's. Ugh. Maybe it would be fun if I could spend money like crazy and re-do a bunch of stuff in the crap farmhouse we live in. (Gosh, I'm so negative.)

I think that explains some of my mood. This house gets to me. There isn't enough closet space and I feel like we are in a hotel room. Sigh. I keep hoping and praying that we can start building one of these days. I don't want a huge house, just a house with some nice big rooms and plenty of storage space! Oh, and I want the kids to have their rooms on the second floor. Really, is that too much? Oh and I want a master bathroom again, too!

No comments: