Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Yesterday, I stayed later at work to help out since we are short-handed. My decision to help out didn't come back to haunt me like it did the last two Tuesdays. It was a confidence booster.

Speaking of work, I've requested a permanent shift trade with another coworker. He will be leaving soon and I want to have 3 days in a row to work. It would make traveling easier and give me Saturdays off. We are supposed to have a new schedule and on that one, I won't be working Saturdays and I will have 3 days in a row. I'm just preparing for the fact that we most likely won't have the new schedule before school starts. It was rough not seeing the kids on Saturday mornings-our only day to be lazy in the am.

It has finally turned hot in central PA. I'm so glad! I can't believe how fast summer is going by. That makes me a little sad, but I'm still trying to enjoy every day. I know these days won't last forever. The kids are getting older, my parents are getting older, too. I'm trying to savor this time of my life.

2 comments:

Marisa Bush said...

I didn't know you had a blog. I hope this doesn't sound too creepy but I was watching the Ironman and thought about how you used to run, and I Googled your name and "runner" and found you! My blog (which really stinks by the way) is risabush.blogspot.com. It's called "Cheatham County Rock Star's Wife." I don't do anything exciting so I don't post a lot - but I posted last night.

Kelly said...

Ha! Marisa, this is too funny!!! I'll have to check yours out. I don't blog as much as I used to since I can go on FB and catch up with people. But, occasionally, I have something to say here that I don't want the FB crowd to necessarily hear.