Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Want a dog?

So how was your day so far? Mine started out a little too early for me. Pete has been out of town for a couple of days which means I'm in charge of two dogs, a cat and two kids. Needless to say, the cat is no trouble.

I woke up at 4 am to the sounds of Lilly, our 10 month old German Shorthaired Pointer, whining in the crate. Ugh. I got up, ran down stairs and let her out. She promptly ran into the yard and pooped. OK. I haven't been walking her like my husband does everyday, but still crisis averted. I made her get back into the crate and I crawled back into bed. A few minutes later, Kendall woke up and wanted some water. That was a quick fix. I went back to bed and fell asleep. Next
thing I knew, the alarm went off. I got up and fed both dogs and let them out. I then put the puppy back into the crate (she's not to be trusted) and took my shower.

I proceeded with my morning. I ate my cereal and then woke the kids. After much prodding, I got both kids in the car and off we went to their prospective schools. I came back home to do some house work during my two and a half hour respite. A few minutes before I needed to jump in the car and pick up Clay from preschool, I noticed a BIG, stinky wet spot on my bed. I know the old dog does not sleep on the beds anymore. And the puddle was much too big to come out of an 8 lb cat. It was the "wake me up at 4 am puppy." I was fit to be tied. Did I mention that I am not a dog person? So, I stripped the bed. I'll have to take the comforter to the cleaners. Just shoot me. Or shoot a dog.

I hope your day started out better than mine.

3 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

Ohhh that would have irritated me!

I remember when Jon was a kitten, one of the first nights he was home he peed in the bed next to me. I was SO irritated, but the poor little guy was so scared and still wasn't comfortable there was no way I could be mad at him.

BTW, I loved that line in the begining about the trouble not being the cat! =)

Beth said...

No, I SO do NOT want a dog. Thanks.

Poor you.

Cheryl Wray said...

Sorry...not really a dog fan. LOL