Thursday, December 23, 2010

I'm excited about Christmas this year. I'm content with not traveling because the kids are in that perfect age of being old enough to enjoy Christmas and yet, young enough, to still believe in Santa. We're in the age of no diapers and wakings in the night. I know this in between will be only a couple of years.

My new job is going fine. I was scheduled to work Christmas morning but a woman is working for me so I can be there with the kids. I have yet to travel using my benefits, but I hope to do so in the next few weeks. One thing I've noticed is how full people pack their bags. I'm sure they think they are the only one stuffing their bags full. Seriously, you would think that all these travelers are going to places without washing machines.

One of my coworkers is a retired school teacher. I think he used to coach, too. He's been dressing up as Santa for years and offered to come to our house for a surprise visit. It went over very well and the kids were shocked. They were asking questions like "where is your sleigh?" and "is it dark at the North Pole this time of year?" It was priceless.

I did get an early present. My husband got me a laptop. He's been using it more than me. I love it!

And to keep with tradition, here is the link for David Sedaris' Santaland Diaries.



I love this and have to listen it every Christmas! Enjoy!

No comments: