Friday, October 28, 2011

I've got a new kitty. Her name is Midnight and she is 13 weeks old. She's all black. Since it's almost Halloween, I thought of calling her Boo, but Kendall came up with her name, and it seemed to fit. She's still figuring this house out. So far, the dog has been great with her. I'm sure the dog's thinking "if she gets mad at me for eating the bread, then I KNOW she will be angry if I eat that cat." We'll see how it goes.

My father-in-law is coming for a short visit today. It is his first time here since my mother-in-law passed away. He did visit last Thanksgiving and Joan was in the nursing home at that point, but I'm sure it's a different feel for him now. We are very busy this weekend, but I guess the timing worked best for him. I'll have to pick him up at the airport. Which means, I'll have to clean out my car. It doesn't help that it's freezing cold outside now.

I better get going and get busy. Tonight, we are going out to eat--my father-in-law's treat! Tomorrow, we'll have ribs and roasted cauliflower. I've got to work in the am for someone, but it will be fun to cook up some good grub tomorrow night. Next stop-pecan pie.

1 comment:

Katrin said...

Oh! How cute! Would love to see a photo of Midnight. :)