Monday, October 01, 2012

I woke up yesterday feeling anxious and down.  Things at work are changing late October and in a lot of ways it will be worse.  I've been working a Saturday or Sunday for the last two years (unless I got someone to work for me) and I'm growing tired of it.  My boss retaliates regularly against me.  I can't bear the idea of not having a place to go during the week.  I actually like to work and am lucky I don't have to do it.  So, working 3 days a week is just fine.  But, I want to feel like there's meaning to what I do and it's appreciated. 

So, we went to church yesterday.  It's so easy to not go to church (since I have to be at work at 11:30).  But, we did go.  And I'm so glad.  The sermon was just what I needed to hear. 

" Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."  Philippians 4:6

After church, while the kids were in Sunday School, we had coffee with this other couple.  We hadn't drunk coffee with them in a long time.  It was so fun.  Then I went to work.  The one woman who works on Sundays, who can't stand me, was off!  And then I found out that yesterday was my last Sunday to work.  My immediate supervisor (not the jerk manager) is switching me to Wednesdays.  I'm so excited!  I'll have the whole weekend to do family stuff! 

A burden has been lifted.  Thank you, Lord.

2 comments:

Char said...

I love how God provides not only our needs, but our wants! So awesome! Happy you get to weekend again.

Kelly said...

Thanks, Char! It was a huge relief. I enjoyed my first weekend off (without having to get coverage).