Friday, October 12, 2012

I'm not sure why but it seems this 40+ body of mine is wigging out.  I had an allergic (?) reaction to roasted chestnuts last weekend.  We made a chestnut puree and I was licking the spatula with all the yummy syrup on it and about 8 min later developed tingly lips and tongue.  My throat started to close a little.  I quickly downed two Benadryls and the symptoms went away about 20 min later.  And then yesterday I had a peanut butter sandwich and the same thing happened.  I know that tree nuts and legumes are different animals so yesterday's event puzzled me.  I'm scheduled for allergy testing in a couple of weeks.  

I've started looking for a new job.  I need one that pays real money.  Oh sure, the free airplane travel has been nice.  I've gone to places in the world that I otherwise wouldn't have.  But, if we are ever going to build the "dream" house, we need some more cash flow.  I like being able to get out of this town at the last minute, though.  I wish my family wasn't so far away...


No comments: