Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy and Thankful

It's Thanksgiving.  The best holiday.  Don't get me wrong.  I love Christmas and what it means to me, but a holiday about being thankful really is a good one.  I get irritated when I hear Christmas music at the stores before this holiday.  It bothers me how the retailers want to brush it aside and get you shopping for Christmas. 

This year, Pete's dad came out for Thanksgiving.  It's been a good visit.  My family got together in Arkansas and I do miss them, but it was probably a good idea to not be there this year since it was an election year!

Our dinner turned out perfectly.  We roasted a turkey and the sides were cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, cranberry sauce (homemade), gravy and pecan pie for dessert.  I love cooking for people.  

This year I'm thankful for my health.  It's been a good year for all of us.  I'm thankful for little kittens.  We had to put Midnight down a week ago and the little kittens are making us happy.  Life does go on.  

So, I hope you had a wonderful day, no matter where you are or if you celebrate Thanksgiving. 

No comments: