Monday, November 05, 2007

Two down....three to go!

This is day 2 of being a single parent. Pete will return on Friday. He is in New Orleans for a meeting. On his way to the hotel on Sunday, the taxi driver offered to locate a prostitute if Pete wanted one. After a long silence, the taxi driver started talking about touristy things. I see New Orleans hasn't changed. Yes, it is one of the seediest cities in the U. S. and our government wants to bring it back.

The kids were great today (up to this point) and I actually am not stressed at all. At 4:30 pm, I picked Kendall up from school and then we went to the docs to get their flu vaccines. I had arranged for the nasal kind. Clayton did it like a pro and Kendall was a little uncoordinated. I had to help hold one nostril closed while she 'snorted' the dose. On the way out the nurse said "no picking your nose for 30 minutes!" And Kendall did listen. About an hour later, she asked if she could pick her nose. Oh, to be 5!

They are watching the Backyardigans right now. It came today from Netflix. I was hoping I had picked a grown up movie, but they are happy vegging in front of the TV. I say since daddy's away, I am taking the easy route.

1 comment:

NY KAT said...

I would LOVE to be 5 again!!!!!!!