Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Santaland Diaries

I don't know what is wrong with me, but every Christmas, I have to listen to David Sedaris' "Crumpet the Elf" on NPR. The first time I heard it was many years ago, and I honestly think it was the funniest thing ever. It still makes me laugh and cringe at the same time.

And in other topics, has everyone sent out their Christmas/Holiday/Whatever cards? One year, our Hindu friend gave us a card and I thought is summed up what goes through every body's heads this time of year. I thought it was so perfect so I've kept it all these years.


In case you can't read the small print, it says under the paper clothes 'Christmas', 'Hanukkah', and 'New Year'. I personally like to send cards out that say 'Merry Christmas', but my husband likes the ones that say 'Happy Holidays' so we don't offend anyone. So, I'll apologize to those that might be offended ahead of time for saying Merry Christmas when we get closer to the date...


1 comment:

Cheryl Wray said...

That is such a funny card!! I love it!

I always get cards that say Merry Christmas; it expresses my faith! But, at the same time, I love to hear about other people's traditions--from some of our Jewish friends especially.