Saturday, December 01, 2007

Sports' news

I saw this last week where Houston Nutt resigned as the head football coach for the Arkansas Razorbacks. He is going to Ole' Miss for around $1.8 million a year. That's a nice chunk of change. And just this week it was revealed that Coach Paterno makes around $500,000 a year. Not bad considering he is as old as dirt and the team hasn't been that great lately. Penn State didn't want to let us tax payers know citing that it would hurt morale. Really. I'm sure all those profs are very supportive since they are rolling in the dough themselves. (yeah, right).

And look out. The weather is looking nasty this weekend. I'm not ready for the snow but I guess it is a necessary evil. Oh well, just 20 more days and the days start getting longer...but I'm not wishing my life away--I promise!

3 comments:

NY KAT said...

I'm not sad to see Nutt go at all!

Cheryl Wray said...

All the coaching changes are CRAZY!! I listen to sports talk all the time and it seems like Arkansas is having a hard time locating a new coach! i hope the get someone good; I still root for the Hogs!

Kelly said...

I talked to my mom the other day and she said that two guys turned Arkansas down.