Monday, August 30, 2010

It's the last day of summer break and what did I do? I've gone and scheduled a dentist appointment for both kids! My timing is impeccable sometimes.

I'm torn about the end of summer. It's my favorite season for many reasons. I like warm weather and being lazy in the mornings. It's the nothing planned part that I like, too. Arkansas was fun but after that, this summer's been just a blur. We now are painting and getting the little house on the 23 acres ready for us to move in to. Pete's mom went into a nursing home in August and the trip to Boston was tempered a bit. I long for a routine again. So, that's how I'm torn. School starts back tomorrow for the kids and I will be able to get things done around the house in peace. We'll have our soccer days and church on Sunday. But, we will be moving at some point in October. Then the routines will be disrupted and we will have to start all over again.

At least, this year when the kids go back to school I won't have to try to find things to keep me busy. I've got so much to do right now that I'm a little overwhelmed. A happy medium would do, really. I guess that will have to wait.

No comments: