Wednesday, August 18, 2010

We had a family look at our house last night. They loved it, but need to check on the financing. I really hope it works out. Or do I? If they buy it, then it means we will have to pack quickly and move to the ranch house on the 23 acres. The dream is to build on there someday and frankly, I would rather just move once. But, having two mortgages would be stressful so I definitely see my husband's point.
my father-in-law with 3 of his 4 grand kids
My trip up to Boston was all right. It was sad, too. My mother-in-law is going on week 3 in a nursing home. My husband and his sister convinced their dad to go up to Maine for the weekend. So, we all loaded up our cars and made the trip up the coast.It was the first time in 11 years that my father-in-law went to Maine without his wife. We stopped for dinner along the way at this restaurant they like to eat at. Oh, and then we stopped off at L.L. Bean in Freeport

The kids have a blast with their cousins. Clayton and Gabriel hang out and Kendall and Allegra hang out. Clayton worships Gabriel. We were able to go out on the Uncle Eddy on Saturday. Pete's dad stayed back at the house-he wasn't feeling well-and the rest of us went out. It's so much easier now that the kids are a little older. There were lobster pots (buoys) about and sailboats--a true Maine coast day.

We got back from being out on the boat and the kids played. Kendall got stung by a huge black wasp. Of course, one of the kids were making the wasps mad. Poor Kendall. She screamed and screamed. Pete killed the nest and in the process got stung twice. I detest wasps. We showed them.

For dinner on Saturday night, we tried to go out somewhere in Damariscottia. We waited until the last minute and hadn't made reservations anywhere. This is the frustrating part of the weekend. We eventually made it to Shaw's and had a great time. I think we were eating lobster around 8:30 pm. Yummy.

Sunday morning Pete, the kids, the dog, and I drove 12 hours back to PA. I was in my car alone and the kids were with Pete. Gosh, I'm getting spoiled with all this alone time. :) It was good to be back home in my own bed. Monday there was no rest with all the painting I had to finish and then Tuesday I cleaned like a crazy lady!

I've got one more trip coming up (Barcelona) and then I'll be ready to stay put for a while.
for some shopping. I think we left the store around 10 pm and had another hour to go before we hit South Bristol. I had my father-in-law with me. I can't say we chat easily. It's not good or bad, just the way it is. It was sort of a long trip, though. :0

No comments: