Sunday, February 25, 2007

Happy Birthday to us....




The Saturday dinner party was a success. The food turned out great. My husband actually made most of the menu this year. I made the wonderful chocolate ganache cake that is an Ina Garten's recipe. The evening started out with Pomtinis. It is the current thing that I am into. I first tasted Pomegranate Martinis at Zaytina's in Washington, D.C. with my friend in July 2006. So, I thought it would be a lot of fun to start off with those Saturday night. Well, let's just say, the martini was a hit.

The menu consisted of stuffed pork roast, braised spinach with toasted walnuts and sweetened cranberries and mashed sweet potatoes made with sauteed garlic, fresh ginger and onion.

It was a wonderful evening with our friends. I'm still counting down to the 27th, however! :)

No comments: