Thursday, May 22, 2008

They're heeeeere...

The parents arrived around 4 pm today. I roasted a chicken for dinner and we had mashed potatoes and salad with it. I had an extra box of vanilla wafers (left over from Clayton's snack on Wed--we had to supply the snack for the whole class) so I decided to make a banana pudding---from scratch! OK, I confess, I didn't make the vanilla wafers. :)


My meringue is a little dark, but this was so yummy and screams comfort food! It came out of the oven just as we were finishing our dinner.

2 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

Gosh, you are a good cook!

I am way too emotional without my kitties!

Cheryl Wray said...

Okay....I want to just DIVE into that banana pudding right this instant!!!!

There is nothing like homemade banana pudding. You're making me want to bake one now!! :-)

Have a GREAT time with your family!!! (Tell them hello for me; maybe they'll remember me! :-)