Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rethinking my plan

Last semester, it became evident that I wasn't enough for my 4 year old boy. He needed a play mate in the afternoons. He would ask to have someone over or ask me when his sister would be home from school. So, I came up with a plan. There is another boy at preschool who is Clayton's age. Clayton had been asking to have him over for a play date. The boy has a little sister so I know the mother probably has her hands full in the afternoons, too. I asked the mom if her son would want to come over after preschool. This would be a win-win situation for both moms. She would have a break while her daughter naps and my son would have a play mate (so I wouldn't have to be the play mate).

Fast forward to March. We have had three play dates now. I pick up the boys and bring them home. They play and eat lunch and play some more. The house gets turned upside down and the friend requests that the puppy be put in her crate. Sigh. And to top it off, they ask that I help them build their fort. Wait! I'm not supposed to have to be involved!!! You have each other to build and play and, you get the point. So, I'm thinking this plan is a little more work than I bargained for. Oh well. School will be out in a few weeks.

1 comment:

Living Dees Life said...

you just answered my prior question.. never mind!!!