Sunday, February 21, 2010

I have been slacking on THIS blog


I have totally ignored this blog the past week or so. I think it started when the kids were out for snow days. Then this week I worked two days. We've also been under the weather. Time flies.

Speaking of flying, my husband flew to Sweden yesterday. He'll be there a week.

So, here I am with two kids, two dogs and a cat. There is snow in the forecast again. Ugh. I'll get through it but it won't be the life of a suburban housewife this week. Nope, I will be man and woman this week with making sure the trash gets to the curb, shoveling snow, walking dogs, scooping the litter box, taking kids to school. The list goes on. I'm hoping the kids get better and stay well while Pete is away. I know I'm still lucky compared to others. He'll be back to help at the end of the week.

I've been watching the Olympics off and on. I used to make an effort to watch them a lot more years ago. It's been fun watching the ski jumping and speed skating. I marvel at the talent.

Today we will lay low. We skipped church and it's probably a good thing. It wouldn't be good to spread the kids' crud to everyone else.

On a positive, happy note the sun is out today! Yay! I'm tempted to sit by the window and soak it up without leaving my toasty, warm house. I should walk the dogs. I'll have to think about it, though.

No comments: