Sunday, February 28, 2010

Not a bad weekend


OK, I'll admit, my birthday was not so exciting. My son went to a birthday party at the ice skating rink and Kendall and I went also. Another mom was there with her kindergartner and 2nd grader. Not exactly what I envisioned for my birthday. But, when you turn 42, it really shouldn't matter. And it didn't. The good news was that my husband's flight was 20 min early! When does that ever happen? And my daughter made this card for me (picture). How sweet was that? We're convinced she will be a lawyer--she has such a way with words. Ha! Today, we all made it to church and no one is sick in the house. Life is good!

Speaking of church, there was a silent auction after the service today and I put a bid on some used skis. I got them for $50. The boots fit perfectly and the skis are in great shape. I also got a youth-sized set of skis, but they are too big for my kids now. Woo hoo! Talk about a birthday gift for myself. I did buy myself a new purse and it's the prettiest red leather. My mom and Pete's Nana sent me money and I didn't waste time cashing those checks!

Well, I'm beat from this last week. I better hit the hay. I hope everyone (all three of you~~he he) had a great weekend and have a great week ahead!

No comments: