Friday, February 05, 2010

This week flew by. I can't remember much about it. I think I stayed home much of the day on Monday, did my volunteer gig on Tuesday morning, ran around Wednesday, did my Bible study on Thursday and ran some more errands on Friday.

OK, I did get to go out for karaoke Wednesday. How could I forget that? Oh, maybe it was the sleep deprivation? Seriously, it was a blast with a bunch of married women. We were singing and dancing and clapping for the other fools getting up there to sing. There were some really good ones, too. My husband refuses to do karaoke. How does he put it? It's an embarrassment. I think it's fun, especially when one loves to see such as myself. And it's not like I do this a lot. I think the last time I did karaoke out and about was about 3 years ago. Anyway, there were people singing 80s songs, British songs, Broadway songs. You name it, it was sung. Our group sang "Dancing Queen" by Abba and I sang "I feel Lucky" with one of the women. We also sang "Summer Loving" from Grease. I did sing one song by myself. It was "Pony" by Kasey Chambers.

And then Wednesday was spent getting a passport photo, getting Pete a passport photo, getting a snapshot of the two of us together and heading out to the FedEx place to mail an overnight envelope to The Amazing Race. Yep, I convinced him to apply for Season 17 race. We know we won't get selected, but hey, it was fun dreaming for a bit. :)

And tonight the kids each have a friend over for a sleepover. Oh, and it's snowing like there's no tomorrow.

No comments: