Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm still thinking about what I want to do when I grow up. I've talked with some women about the RN thing and I'm getting some good insight. I also found out there is another university that offers the associates program for RN. I think I have some options. But, one thing I know is I need to be here for my kiddos. So, that will be the tricky part--finding a job/career that allows some flexibility with my family. I'm blessed--we don't need my salary to put food on the table and I need to start recognizing that maybe, just maybe, my job right now is to be here for the family. Taking it for the team, they say.

I think it's an ego thing for me. There is something about having a job that is valued in society and getting paid for it. Motherhood is one of those jobs that the American society does not value anymore and you sure don't get paid to do it. And being a homemaker is not valued for sure! If anything, it's a thankless job. I'm learning to like my job--thanked or not. Or maybe, more accurately, is I'm praying to like my job more and more.


I hope people who read this don't come away from here thinking I'm some spoiled housewife. I'm really not. It's just I'm in flux right now and trying to figure out what to do. I want to contribute to society while taking care of my little ones and the big guy here at home. I know where there's a will, there's a way.

No comments: