Saturday, May 01, 2010

I have a cold. It's a beautiful day outside and I don't feel like going out. Why is it something so small can cause so much discomfort? At least, I know I won't feel horrible more than a day or two.

Earlier this week I was informed that if a technologist takes off a week then I have to be able to work the whole week to get the hours. I used to be able to work two days or three, or whatever worked for me. Now, they don't want to have to think about who's coming in on what day and what time. I took it personally. And it's hard not too considering the other per diem tech doesn't have kids, isn't married, etc. So, the new policy definitely works in her favor. Every time I want to work, I have to make sure Pete will be around to take or pick up the kids. It's hard to make plans and set up child care when you work sporadically.

Last night our kids had an Extravaganza show. It was a show for the parents so we could see what they do when they stay for after school clubs. My kids like to stay so I let them stay three days out of five. But, after the show, we got to eat dinner. I took a curried chicken salad and deviled eggs. There was enough food for everyone this time. And it was all delicious.

There is nothing else going on around here. Maybe if my head wasn't filled with snot I could write something entertaining and funny....... doubtful.

No comments: