Saturday, February 12, 2011


On Friday, I visited the Sheikh Zayad Mosque in Abu Dhabi. It was a sight to see. I had to put on an abaya to enter the courtyard and inside. We quickly took a look around to see the beautiful inside. Then we were off to see Eric Clapton! The contrast of the two is too funny. In fact, this area is so Western that it's almost a disappointment. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it was under the British at one point. The Emirati make up only 20% of the population.

Saturday, we went to the beach in Dubai. My friends live a couple of minutes from Jumeirah Beach. After getting some sun, we went back home for lunch. Late afternoon we drove to the Palm. I got some pretty photos of Dubai from a distance. We stayed until sunset.

Today we are going to the souks and then to one of the malls. I think we might go to the one with the ski slope inside. Yes, it's so strange. But, I think my kids would have a blast here. There is so much for kids. And it's so safe.

I'll post pictures later.

No comments: