Wednesday, August 03, 2011

I can't believe it's August already. I'm not ready for summer to be over, even if it meant I netted nothing from my job because I had to pay a sitter when I worked. I'm also not looking forward to the college kids coming back. I like a quiet, sleepy town in the summer. It reminds me of growing up in Fayetteville as a kid.

The job is still just eh. I like the travel benefits and the benefit of being somewhere a few times a week. Yep, work is a social thing for me. I know it's not that way for most. I just don't want to do the mom thing where I work out 3 times a week at a club and volunteer in my kids' school on a regular basis. It's just not me. Sometimes, when work is very stressful, I think, "why am I exposing myself to this?" Oh and it's obvious a couple of people don't like me and that's never fun. Oh well, there's always one woman (at whatever job I have) who can't stand me. I guess I'm too happy or too friendly or too secure. That's life. It's her problem.

Something did go my way at work recently. I requested a permanent shift trade with a guy. He worked Sundays 11am-5pm and I worked Saturdays 5 am- 1pm. Now, I no longer work Saturdays! But, the big hooray thing for me, is he *quit (to go to law school) and the shift trade stayed in effect. A few people kept saying they thought it shouldn't take place. I confirmed it with the boss and it's holding. This is the first thing that has gone my way. I can't wait to sleep in on Saturdays again! Not to mention, have breakfast with the kids!

We had to say goodbye to a colleague of Pete's and his family this weekend. He got a job at Kansas State University. He's a Kiwi and she is from PA originally. Nice family. We had them out for dinner with another couple and a single guy from my husband's work. I like entertaining and feel we don't do it enough.



*of course he wasn't going to stay at this job forever.

1 comment:

Katrin said...

So glad at least the shift trade worked out. I also hope that summer lasts just a little bit longer. July was pure rain and cold here!