Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm sitting in the Detroit airport right now hoping to make a flight to Portland, Maine. The gate agent seems to be a nice guy. The flight is oversold by one, so it's looking iffy.

I love the people watching in an airport. There's the stressed out mom holding her infant in the Bjorn carrier while entertaining her toddler. Been there, done that. I don't envy her. There's the big church group going on some mission trip in there matching tye-dyed T-shirts. There are the business men talking loudly on their blue tooth. Really, there is no other form of cheap entertainment.

My flight out of State College went smoothly. I chit-chatted before we boarded with a Delta pilot who was flying to Detroit. Once on the plane, I took my seat and said hi to the lady next to me but then I read the magazine and mostly gazed out the window day dreaming. The flight attendant was an African lady with a very pleasant demeanor. A nice touch to today's travels.

When we landed, Phil, the pilot, and I walked together over to terminal A until we parted ways. I found my way to Vino Volo as per my husband's suggestion. I had two flights of wine. The first was of some reds and then I had some whites. I also enjoyed some food with dessert. A good way to waste time in the DTW airport.

So, now I wait. If I'm lucky, I'll be flying into Portland around midnight. If I'm unlucky, I'll be spending the night in a hotel in Detroit.

Wish me luck.

No comments: