Monday, January 23, 2012

The kids have a two hour delay today. Freezing rain. I'm not a fan of winter. Or snow. or ice. So, I had to cancel patients at the free clinic where I draw blood on Mondays. I still have to work at the airport, but thankfully, the kids will be going to school before I have to report.

We've had a house guest this weekend. Her name is Nikita and she is a German Shepherd. She is big, but sweet. And she has been very good with the kids. I think Lilly has enjoyed having a play mate around, too. The only one not enthusiastic about her is our kitty, Midnight. She's been hanging out in the basement for most of the weekend. Poor kitty.

So, I worked yesterday. It wasn't too bad. We had to de-ice and I had to drive the truck. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. But, it's hard because you have to make sure you don't drive into the plane, make sure the person in the bucket is safe, keep up with the fluids (making sure they are hot enough), and communicate with the captain in the plane. There is specific verbiage you have to say. That's hard, too! Yes, all that for very little pay. I definitely need an oversees trip to make the job worthwhile!


In other news around here, Joe Paterno died yesterday from metastatic small cell lung cancer. He was diagnosed in November. So sad. This town is in mourning. He did a lot for this area and it's a shame that a lack of judgment a few years ago will taint his legacy. He was only human, after all.

No comments: