Thursday, January 05, 2012

I am the master of procrastination. I have so much to do around here that I feel paralyzed. It doesn't help that I've had a cold and am just now feeling human again.

I will try to recap the last few weeks. Here goes nothing: I felt overwhelmed by Christmas. I always do. I guess if money were no object, it would make things easier. I had to work Christmas day so the kids and my husband flew down to my parents. I followed the next day since I was able to get someone to work for me on the 26th and 27th. My job has the great perk of flying for free (space available). Luckily, the flights weren't full those days. The visit in Arkansas was short, but sweet. The kids and I went to an Arkansas Razorback basketball game with my sister and her husband. It had been a while since I had been to a game. It was a first for the kiddos. They were even "Calling the Hogs." I saw by bff from high school and her family briefly. Pete flew home to PA to work a couple days before we met in NYC at his sister's place.

The kids and I flew to NYC on Thursday of that week. Again, no problems getting there standby. This trip was so we could meet my father-in-law's lady friend. She is a president of a university in Australia. For now, they have a long distance relationship. She was very down to earth and I enjoyed meeting her. Her daughter was there, also. I liked her, too. My sister-in-law wasn't as enamored, but that is to be expected.

I also met up with one of my blogging friends, Auburn Kat. It was great to see her and her new town seems to agree with her! We opted for a glass of wine instead of coffee. So what if it wasn't 5 o'clock yet!

So, I better stop procrastinating and attack my daughter's room. Wish me luck! I hope to come out of it alive.....

No comments: