Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Some days you just have to say "Snap out of it"



So, today started out as one of those days where I have to say over and over (in my head), "just snap out of it". Occasionally, I get in a funk with my kids and get irritated easily. I do drink a lot of coffee and, perhaps, those days I should not drink as much. But, the day got better because it was Play group day. It is a catharsis to sit around with other women in a similar situation and gab. We are all different, but yet we have a lot in common, too. The group didn't disband until 4 pm today.


The other thing on the schedule today was a little trip down the road to the taxidermist. Yes, you read it correctly. You see, my husband got his first buck this last November. He is more of a bird hunter (grouse, ducks, pheasant, turkey), but does like to go out for opening day for deer. This year he got his buck around 10 in the morning. I don't think I've seen an individual any more excited than he was that day. And before I could say anything about it, he had already taken it to the taxidermist. I guess I'm OK with it. It is not such a foreign thing to me. I grew up with a buck staring right down at me while I watched TV. To contrast that image, I can't imagine my in laws every dreamed their prep school, ivy league kid would ever want that on his wall. They will get to see it in two weeks. So, I am posting the picture here for my play group moms to see. I want them to be prepared for the next time I host.


And the last thing I got to do tonight was watch a little bit of American Idol. I'm so addicted and I wonder how some of those people got on there. I don't care enough to vote, but I love watching them and hearing what Simon Cowell has to say. He is usually right, I might add.




No comments: