Friday, March 23, 2007

Yesterday, I was saddened to hear that Elizabeth Edwards has bone mets. In layman's terms, her breast cancer has spread to her bones. And they said, possibly, to her lungs. If that is the case, that is not good. Anyway, I have seen countless women in the same boat when they come into the hospital for a Nuclear Medicine bone scan. The woman will receive an injection of a radioactive pharmaceutical that will be taken up by the bone and then return a few hours later for the scan. It is the best test to look for bone metastases. What makes me sad is that she is young and has young children.

On a much shallower note I am sad that Tennessee lost last night to Ohio St. And by one stinking point. I didn't watch the game because I would rather sleep after 10 pm, but I heard the Vols were up by 17 at one point. So, last night I got 3 out of 4 on by bracket. According to my mom, Tennessee deserved to lose after blowing a lead like that. You tell 'em, mom.

And this week had some highs and lows with my 4 year old daughter. Wednesday, she told me she hated me and wished that daddy stayed home and that I went to work. But today she told me that she missed a particular teacher that left to stay home with her newborn. I explained that when a woman has a baby, she can 1) go back to work and take the baby to a babysitter or 2) stay home with the baby and take care of the baby. She quickly replied that when she has a baby she will stay home and take care of it.

No comments: