Friday, January 04, 2008

Friday fun

Tomorrow the kids and I fly back to Pennsylvania. I can honestly say that I have had a good visit. There isn't a lot to do in the small town where my parents live. About 4 years ago they moved from my hometown to this little town, in a dry county, of about 12,000. So, coming back is always a bit low-key. Most days, I have been in my PJ's until 11 am!

My sister flew us down here so the grand kids could cheer up my mom. My mom said it had been the worst Christmas since her own mother was diagnosed with cancer over 35 years ago. My mom has been pretty upset with my brother's impending divorce and my dad broke his wrist and couldn't do a lot for himself. I think that was enough stress for my mom this year. I hope we have helped her out a bit. Thanks to the sis.

My sister was on call for most of the time we were down here, but she would come by in the evenings and play with my kids. They love her and their uncle Alan. Kendall even said she wants to be like Aunt Kim when she grows up. So, knowing that Friday might be the only time for my sister to get out, we have put together a little karaoke night. She invited the women in her clinic and even the other female doctor is coming along. We are going to Eureka Springs (not in a dry county) and I hope to find a fun place. Right now, I am listening to youtube to try to get some ideas for tonight. I'm in an Abba mood to celebrate time with my sister. In Dec 2006, she flew to NYC and I met her there. We saw Mamma Mia and had a blast! I plan on singing a few Abba songs because I know she will think it's a hoot. I think I will start with Dancin' Queen if the bar has it. Any suggestions out there? I also like the Dixie Chicks, Mary-Chapin Carpenter, and Carrie Underwood, to name a few. I want to keep it light and fun!!!

So, happy Friday, everyone.

5 comments:

NY KAT said...

Have fun tonight! Thanks for the invite!

Susie PSU said...

Wow, I just saw the blog entry, and I bet you are already out for the night, singing away....
What did you pick? I LOVED Mama Mia, by the way. Loved it.

I'd suggest a little "Brickhouse", "You Shook Me All Night Long", or "Build Me Up, Buttercup".

Char said...

Hey! Hope you had fun at the Karaoke! Wish someone had a dvd camera with them to film you and put it on YouTube so we could share in the fun too... c",) How did the "Dancing Queen" do?

Cheryl Wray said...

Ooh, I love Eureka Springs!

Hope you all had a fun karaoke & drinks night!

Kelly said...

Char--Dancing Queen worked out just fine.