Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekend fun

What a weekend. It first started with me finding a great deal at Ann Taylor Loft. I got a pair of jeans for $8.93. Does it get any better than that? I would say yes!

Kendall spent the night with a friend on Friday. Clayton was so distraught that he wasn't invited to the birthday party/sleepover that I was wishing I would have set up a babysitter or something so he would have felt special. He told me he didn't want a babysitter when I told him what I was thinking. He wanted "Nandle" to stay with him. I thought he would be excited that he wouldn't have to share our attention--no, not really. We just didn't compare to his sister...or what his sister was going to be doing. But, what luck! I ran into one of the other moms when I was dropping Kendall off and she said her 4 year old was also upset. The mom invited Clayton over for pizza and movies. He was so excited and so was I! It meant that the husband and I got to go out to dinner without having to pay a babysitter!!! We ended up getting a table at Zola New World Bistro. We had intended on sitting in the bar and ordering there, but the bar was packed. Ever so mindful of the time and the generosity of the other mom, we ate our appetizers quicker than we would have if we were paying a babysitter. Nevertheless, it was good to be out!

We picked Clayton up around 9 pm. We had to pass the house where Kendall was staying. We waved night-night through our car windows as we drove by. Clayton started crying and saying "he wanted Nandle, he NEEDED Nandle." I guess Kendall is his everything (well, next to his sweet momma).

Nothing too exciting on Saturday except Clayton and I went out for donuts at the newly opened Dunkin' Donuts. The sugar kicked in after about 15 min and Clayton was a riot!

And to finish off Saturday, I bought my plane ticket to Brazil. The prices were up and down during the week, but I think I got a fairly good deal.

2 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

I went to ATL last night and bought a few more items! I just couldn't resist!

Sounds like you had a good wknd!

Char said...

yay! Brazil! Lucky bum.