Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone has a great new year. I am at my parents' house in Arkansas so I will have my blackeye peas for good luck. What do you eat on New Years? Anything special?

Also, I got to see my brother for a couple of days. It was nice seeing him although he still treats me like I am a five year old. We stayed up late with my sister and her husband playing an old board game called "Stock Market" and Mexican dominoes. I haven't played games in forever! I'm tired. My parents live in a dry county so I'm not hung over. ha ha.

Again, Happy New Year, everyone!!!

3 comments:

NY KAT said...

I think eating black eyed peas is a southern thing! I've never heard of that before.

Kelly said...

yes, it is!

Susie PSU said...

We go to Grace Lutheran - I teach there as well. How in the world did you find my blog? :-)

We grew up in VA eating black eyed peas on New Years. And other stuff all year round, like boiled peanuts, grits, country ham, etc. My dad came up just before Christmas and asked the butcher if he had any "country ham". The butcher's reply? "What country?" I almost laughed out loud!!