Saturday, January 12, 2008

Chez Kleinman

Thursday night we had our old friend, Rich, stay with us while he had some work down here at Penn State. He and my husband got out Friday afternoon for a little grouse hunting, but had no luck. Evidently, grouse are fairly elusive...at least when it comes to my husband and his hunting buddies.

Then Friday evening two of Pete's old friends drove over from NYC to stay the weekend. It is sort of a "boys" weekend plus one girl, oh, and two kids. They arrived around 9:30 pm and our kids were much too excited to go to bed. I must get those kids on a schedule soon before it kills me. The grumpiness alone is enough to make one want to pull one's hair out.


Here are Pete, Matt and Chris at Matt's engagement party this past September (the same party where I got my picture taken with Yogi Berra and my husband got his picture taken with Adrian Lima). The purpose of their visit was to go out and experience the outdoors with my husband. This morning was to be grouse/goose hunting and this afternoon was rabbit hunting. Our neighbor's father has beagles and is really big into rabbit hunting. I suppose there is always something in season if a man really wants to avoid his wife. Oh, did I say that?


Tonight we will cook some steaks on the grill that we bought* from a farmer down the road and Pete will make his goat cheese salad. I will make the salad dressing and the chocolate ganache cake. I think I will throw in some sauteed carrots (with butter, of course) and we will do rosemary potatoes using our own rosemary plant. The guys bought the wine this morning when they went into town to get the licenses. I did line up a babysitter for after dinner, but I think we will see how much wine we drink. :) It would be nice to get out a bit (even though State College leaves a little bit to be desired in the entertainment front).

Well, happy Saturday everyone.













*We went in on thirds of half of a cow.

1 comment:

Auburn Kat said...

That dinner sounds wonderful! Sorry I missed it!