Monday, December 08, 2008

Kona is in the house!

Our Kona arrived today. Actually, I think it was in town last week, but Pete picked it up today. I am so looking forward to that cup of joe tomorrow morning. Yum.

We buy it from the son of a retired Penn State Professor. The son lives on the big island of Hawaii. We order every year.

Last year, the coffee didn't taste as good as I had expected but, to be fair, our coffee pot was old and it broke not soon after the new year. I think it wasn't working too well and didn't deserve to brew such wonderful coffee as Kona. This year we have a new fangled fancy coffee pot that my sister-in-law gave us. I think she felt sorry for us because of the crappy coffee pot last year when they visited for Christmas. I don't mind being pitied if it results in having a nice coffee pot.

Speaking of the sister-in-law, we are going to take a quick trip to "the City" (New York City to all of you outside of the Northeast LOL) this weekend. I really want the kids to see the Christmas decorations in the store windows. And we have a dog sitter! woo hoo. Life is sweet.

1 comment:

Auburn Kat said...

I'm jealous about the trip to NYC and the coffee!!!