Saturday, January 29, 2011

Speed Racer

I have a confession. I really don't mind getting up super early to be at work by 5 am. In fact, it's sort of fun. I only have to do it one day a week and that's on Saturday.

So, on Saturday there is a 6 am flight that goes out from our airport. We have the same crew every Saturday for this flight. The Captain is a royal pain and we call him Speed racer. He starts out fairly nice and says, "I want to start boarding at 0530." That is about 15 minutes earlier than required. If he doesn't see passengers by then, he starts flashing us with the lights from the plane. Seriously, he's a jerk. So, we have fun and talk about him over the radio (they don't have access to that frequency). Oh, it makes me laugh.

At least there's something fun to do at 6 am if I can't be sleeping.

No comments: