Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Party!

" Why is my husband standing next to a picture of a mascara model?," you ask. Well, that explanation will come.

We made it to New York City on Friday and then on to the engagement party of Matt and Tati. Matt is a friend of my husband's from their high school days. The party was on a yacht with dinner, toasts and dancing! It started out with hors d'ourves and moved to a sit-down dinner on the main level and then we had toasts for the bride and groom. Pete did an excellent job on his toast talking about climbing mountains with Matt in Africa many years ago, etc. But during the first part of the night, a man pointed out an older gentleman in the crowd. I couldn't believe it when he said it was Yogi Berra. So, after dinner, I was lucky enough to meet him and get my picture with him. He is a neighbor of the groom's mother. Pictured with Yogi and me is Ahn. She is married to another friend of Pete's from high school.
But, the best part for my dear, sweet hubby came when he and Chris (old buddy from high school) asked a Victoria Secrets' supermodel if Pete could get his picture taken with her. Now, do you see why I took the picture of my husband standing by the Maybelline add? The next day after the party we were in Bed, Bath and Beyond and, for some reason, my husband spotted the add. Things that make you go hmmmm? Ha.
Doesn't he look like the 'cat that got the canary' here? Her name is Adriana Lima and she is from Brazil. The bride is from Brazil so there were a few tall, beautiful Brazilian women there.

After the party, we tried to get into a club in the Meat Packing District. Evidently, you need to be surrounded by tall, beautiful women to get in if you are a guy. Matt got in when the Brazilians showed up, but my husband nor Chris could get through the door. Ahn and I got in (for free), but they wouldn't let our men in. So, we decided to go home! The club was the Pink Elephant. Oh to be young, rich and hip! He he.

You can go to the My photos link on the left to see some pics from the party! I'll add some more later.

4 comments:

Char said...

Oh how wide the social chasm between you and me! There I was dancing around my (finally!) working washing machine, and there you were, dancing on a yacht in New York City, hobnobbing with the rich and famous! I wasn't even wearing any mascara and you were with the "Maybe it's Maybelline" girl! Uggghhhh... maybe it's time I admit I'm a hillbilly after all! haha!

Kelly said...

Oh! I'm a hillbilly from Arkansas originally! My husband just knows people that know people....

I forgot to mention that when we got home my daughter found a dead mouse in the toilet! Surely, the rich and famous don't have that. So, back to reality for me :)

NY KAT said...

Love the pictures and meeting Yogi!!! How exciting!

Not so exciting to find a mouse in your toilet! YUCK

Fran said...

Glad you have a blast in NY.
That's soooooo funy seing Pete taking pics with this girl...There is a long time that I don't look this blogspot stuff..but few days ago he told me that you've posted his pic with "the SUPERMODEL" that you've met in the party.
hahahahaha He looks very happy, huh?
The dress is very nice!!!! I also check the pics of the dresses and I think the one you got for the pary was the best one!!! Good choice!!!