Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Snow day and banana bread...


The kids didn't have school today because of bad weather, ice, specifically. Which meant we weren't going to be driving around and keeping busy. So, here we sat. I haven't reached "stir crazy" mode, but if we have a snow day tomorrow, I might just go crazy (or more crazy-depends on your opinion).

Even though the schools were canceled, Lowe's was still able to deliver my new washer. I was so afraid they wouldn't be able to. Hooray! So, I've kept busy doing laundry today. I also made some banana bread because the bananas were too far gone for anything else. (I don't know why I buy bananas. We always have to throw them out.)

I just tried to upload a picture of the banana bread. It turned out perfect. I use the recipe in Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything" cookbook. Instead of using part whole wheat flour, I use all purpose flour for the whole thing and leave out the coconut. Sometimes I add chocolate chips, but today I stuck with walnuts. I wish you could smell it. I may have to have some with a little butter.

I tried to upload again. Arggghhhh.

4 comments:

Auburn Kat said...

That sounds really good! I'm on a diet to try and get in shape again and I've cut out all sweets except on the wknds...Friday can not get here fast enough!

Thomas said...

I love banana bread!

Cheryl Wray said...

I LOVE banana bread, and especially with chocolate chips in it. Yummm....

Katrin said...

Looks fabulous, I love banana bread, too. Yum!