Sunday, February 08, 2009

Dinner last night.

We had friends over last night for dinner. I made a new recipe--Chicken Bouillabaisse. It wasn't too hard, just took a while to make. And I had to buy some expensive liquor and the recipe only required 3 tablespoons. However, Pete like the Pernod over ice. I'm not a big fan of fennel/licorice/anise flavors but this recipe was good. There were other flavors going on so I wasn't over powered by the fennel seed. I perfected my apple tart (if I have to say so myself).

Today, I slept in (tired from all the standing over the stove last night) and we skipped church. Pete didn't mind, of course. I'm not sure what I'll do the rest of the day but planning to take it easy....

2 comments:

Living Dees Life said...

oh. i'm drooling. good gods woman!! i'm on a diet :)

i love TO COOK too. but with our budget cut back (saving for the ring and vacation next month so he can ask daddy for my hand.. i'm so excited!) i'm having to scrimp and not do so much cooking... i'll live vicariously through you!!

Auburn Kat said...

Oh wow, that looks amazing!