Sunday, November 29, 2009

I saw the movie Julie and Julia this afternoon with a friend. I liked it. I could relate to what the author was going through. For instance, life isn't exactly how I imagined it would be. After having the kids and staying home, I find that I don't have a long-term goal. No direction or passion. OK, I do like to cook and I occasionally take a picture of a meal that I think is gorgeous, but really that blog has already been turned into a best seller, right? I like to think I could be this great professional woman out there and have this great family to care for. I know that most likely won't be the case. For now, it seems I'm a ho-hum-stay-at-home-mom. I learned to cook after I was home all the time with the kids. But, I do like to cook and entertain.

So, where does that leave me? I do have some interest in going back to school to work on a master's degree, but what subject? I've always been fascinated with infectious disease or public health. But, then I feel like why pay the money and have the stress of school when I'm living in central PA and would most likely never use the degree? Or is that just a big excuse for not pushing myself. And then there's the volunteering at the free medical clinic. Once a week is enough and gives me that feeling of impacting some lives out there.

I guess I should look at it as if right now my job is being there for my kids. For instance, they are home tomorrow for opening day of deer season. Yes, you read it right. The public schools are closed for opening day. Annie get your gun. I have a gig tomorrow hanging out with the kids.

No comments: