Monday, November 09, 2009

We had a great weekend. My friend from high school, who now lives in DC, came up with her husband and 3 kids. They are a very easy family to be around. She has twin daughters who are 10 and another girl who is 8. I hardly saw my kids all weekend! They arrived on Friday night. On Saturday, we adults got to tailgate at the Penn State game while the 5 kids stayed back with a babysitter. The weather was gorgeous all weekend, too. It was just an awesome time. My house is a mess now, but I don't care.

My kids are out of school today for some in-service. We need a little down time in the house. It's going to be a beautiful day outside so I think I'll try to get them to play in the sun today. Tonight I'm watching some kids while the parents go to dinner. This family watches my kids all the time for play dates and their daughter and my daughter are best friends.

Tomorrow will be the first day I volunteer at the Volunteers in Medicine clinic. I'm excited and a little nervous. I hope I do a good job! It will be for a couple of hours every Tuesday.

I guess that's it for now. I've got laundry up to my eyeballs!

Have a good Monday!

2 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

Sounds wonderful!! (Was your high school friend anyone I would remember?)

I cheered for Penn State over the weekend. I hate how that one turned out! :-(

Kelly said...

I don't know. She went to Root for elementary and Washington. And then she went to Woodland for junior high.

It was sad for Penn State. I'm glad Alambama won.