Monday, November 02, 2009

Busy


We survived Halloween. The kids had a blast. Clayton was a Clone trooper and Kendall was a Cheetah cub. She's a cat every year.

For Halloween we went to a friend's house and had dinner and then all the kids went out at 6 pm. It was a little chilly once the sun went down, but otherwise the weather was good. The kids got tons of candy! We hardly had any kids at our house, so I have tons of candy, too. :) Good thing I bought snickers.

Last week two of Pete's colleagues from Sweden stayed with us. I enjoy having company and cooked a nice meal for them on Thursday evening. On Friday they took us out to dinner. The
kids had been out for three days last week and I enjoyed the little break from them, even if it were only for a little while. My kids are good kids--don't get me wrong--but they are so mean to each other that I get exhausted being a referee all the time.

I guess the most exciting thing I did today was purchase an electric leaf blower. I should have taken before/after photos of the yard. Oh well. The yard was covered in brown leaves (we live in the woods) and now one can see green grass. I overdid it and am fairly tired but it was a blast!

And lastly, it looks like I will be volunteering at a medical clinic in town. It's the Centre Volunteers in Medicine. I never knew they were part of a bigger organization so that's kind of neat. I'll be there on Tuesday mornings drawing blood. It'll be nice to feel like I'm helping others.

That's it for now. I'm beat. The husband is out of town and won't get back until Thursday!

3 comments:

Char said...

Sounds like you deserve the break! It's hard work being a referee - I'm constantly protecting the pets from Jesse-Lee's ungentle play! And that's not even protecting one kid from another, and I'm exhausted every night!

Living Dees Life said...

your kids are so adorable!

Cheryl Wray said...

Such cute costumes!! We had a fun Halloween too!