Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Confessions of an Extrovert...

Lately, I have been around a lot of people. Usually, I love it and get energized from that. But, for about a week now, I have been with a group of people day in and day out, and I am getting tired. It all started last Wednesday when my husband picked me up after work and we drove 3 1/2 hours to meet his friends from his undergrad years. The wives and kids came, so it was a big group. We hung out for 3, count them, 3 days at a lake that was rocky and the weather was not so nice all the time. Anyway, I realized that even this extrovert needs her space and time to be alone. Yep, you read it right. ALONE. No people. No non-family hanging around. There, I said it.

So, Sunday, our old friend, Rich, rode back with us to State College so he could clear out his old office at Penn State. He stayed with us for two nights. Our old friend, Richard from New Zealand flew in Sunday night and stayed with us, too. I have been looking forward to his visit and, unfortunately, we haven't had time just to chill and hang out. Richard (NZ) is an awesome cook and I think he has been cooking a lot for people (while visiting a colleague at U of A). So, my husband has been scheduling dinners since Richard is here and it's been really busy( and I think Richard could use some down time too). Oh well. Anyway, I digress.

So, I see light at the end of this friend smothering week. And I am grateful for friends--don't get me wrong. This extrovert just needs a day to do nothing and hang with her two kids and hubby.

Whew! I feel better.

2 comments:

NY KAT said...

I definitely get like that! Hopefully you will get some relaxation soon!! Does Kendall go to school this year?

Kelly said...

I'm feeling a little better now. and yes, KEndall starts next week. My baby's going to kindergarten! :)