Thursday, August 30, 2007

Random bits

The end of the week is coming and not too soon, I might add. Next week begins a new chapter in my life. My first-born will go to kindergarten and her little brother heads to preschool for 3 mornings out of the week. It's exciting to me and I hope they both adjust to their new schedules. I'm lucky in that both kids enjoy being around other people and can get along with most kids. Now, the big adjustment will probably be this lazy butt of a mother getting up every morning and being organized. (Let's hope I can get my rear end in gear soon). So, with school around the corner, I had to take Kendall to the doctor yesterday to get her shots. She got 4 separate shots and did not cry. She whimpered a bit and then stopped. I told her in the car that it is OK to cry and she said, "no, it's not OK to cry." I must hit my husband up side the head because I know he is putting these notions into her head. She was great at the doctor and did everything they asked.

And it's football season! Oh boy. Tons of people flocking to Mecca on the weekends wearing their blue and white. WE ARE PENN STATE! (My husband and I joke around and say "WE BE PENN STATE"). Every time I have been at the grocery store this last week (because I am not organized to shop once a week), I have seen people staring off into space as to say, "where, oh where, is the cereal aisle?" You can always spot a new person to town by the way they shop in the grocery store. I'm sad to see summer ending and just hope the next few months go by so fast that I won't know what hit me. Did I say that summer was my favorite season? Oh, I might add that my Razorbacks are ranked either 20 or 21, depending on which poll you look at. And to be fair, Penn State is ranked higher.

One more thing. Tomorrow is Cheryl's birthday. She was my best friend in second grade and we were best friends on and off throughout elementary school. I moved across town and attended a different junior high and then she moved just before high school. We lost touch and last summer I was reconnected through our high school reunion website. She is the reason I even blog. Her blog was the first one I ever read and I got hooked.

Well, off to bed and get ready for one more day of work. And then off to the big city for the weekend.

2 comments:

NY KAT said...

Do you have all Kendalls supplies and her first day of clothes picked out? That' so exciting! And the little one is going to preschool....what are you going to do with your time?

The bf and I have season tickets to the Razorbacks so that's where we are headed tomorrow! I can't wait!

Cheryl Wray said...

Ahh..I hate that I didn't get here and see your sweet little note about me.
Sometimes it seems like those days were just yesterday, doesn't it?
I was actually working on a little school days album this weekend and found a class picture of our 4th grade class. Oh my!!!