Monday, August 13, 2007

Goodbye Softball and maybe my favorite pair of sandals...

Tonight was my last softball game for the season. It went by way too fast. So does summer, as far as I am concerned.

But the real big thing that happened today was a big bonehead move on my part. I have an awesome pair of sandals that are at least 3, maybe 4 years, old. The sole was starting to separate in the front so I thought I would just buy some glue and fix it. Well, I fixed it, alright. I was comparing glues and noticed that some dried clear. Did I buy one of those glues? Heck, no! So, I came home, put the glue where I wanted it and Voila'!

OK, I am a little cheap, but I love these sandals! The brand is Reef and I can't find them anywhere like this. They are like Teva, only toe sandals. I guess I will get them really dirty and hopefully, no one will notice.

3 comments:

NY KAT said...

I have a pair of teva black flip flops that I've had for four years and they are still in good shape. Last summer I bought a pair of the same exact flip flops so I could have a backup.

Kelly said...

These sandals are athletic sandals. I can canoe in them, or walk in a creek. They have a strap in the back and they are so practical.

the glue doesn't look so bad now.

Char said...

Oh Kelly, don't you just hate the death of a really great pair of shoes??? I go into mourning when I need to part with a pair. I guess you could call me closet-shoe-a-holic. Just out of the closet. :o)