Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sigh of relief...

The last few days have been a little stressful. Clayton had an MRI on his heart to look at an artery that is slightly narrowed. It turned out that he won't need intervention, which is a relief. The echo couldn't look at everything, hence the MRI. Still, we had to wake him up and feed him at 6 am, drive two hours to the closest Children's Hospital, and check in. His appointment was at 1 pm, but we had to be there by noon. He was great. He cooperated with the techs and nurses. They had to put in an IV and he did cry a little for that. I can't tell you how proud I was of him. As a person that works in the health industry, I can tell you it is such a relief when children cooperate. I got to hold him as they sedated him. I laid him down on the scanner table, gave him a kiss, and left the room. *

About an hour later, the doctor came to the holding room after the exam to give us the good news. Whew! Clayton was still a little groggy but in good spirits.

Now, on to other pressing things. This weekend is Kendall's 5th birthday party. (her actual bday is on Monday, the 20th). So, I must get organized for that and order the cake. I can't believe it. Turning 5 and then starting kindergarten in September. Where did the years go?


*a huge 'thank you' to my friend, Ronda, for watching Kendall while we took Clayton to the hospital

5 comments:

Sisters with Style said...

My youngest son's birthday is the 21st and I have a little girl starting kind. on Tuesday. I so understand the feeling of where does the time go.


Thanks for visiting our blog.

NY KAT said...

I'm happy that everything is ok with your son! That must have been nerve racking!

Does Kendall start school this year? What kind of cake are you going to get her?

Kelly said...

Yes, Kendall starts this year! She wants Tinkerbell!

v said...

Yes, great news that your son is alright. And what a trooper! I hope he is feeling much better.

And I hope your daughter has a wonderful B-Day.

Kelly said...

sisters with style -- I am getting excited about kindergarten.

nykat-- Kendall starts on Sept 4. I ordered the cake. I'll take pics.

v-- thanks for the well-wishes.