Monday, August 27, 2007

Long Time Gone...

It seems like we have been traveling a lot this summer. We just got back from a few days in Ithaca, New York. It was a reunion with some of Pete's friends from undergraduate days at Cornell and a visit with some friends that just moved up there this summer. I am tired. The weather was not that great, but I think Pete enjoyed himself. The guys had rented a few cabins and a lake house on Cayuga Lake. Mostly, people hung out, went out on the boat, and ate. I did take our kids to the Trumansburg Ag fair for a few hours with our friends that just moved up there. The high light was a hike through one of the gorges.



I can't believe how beautiful this area is. These parks were only a few minutes out of Ithaca and there are gorges throughout Ithaca itself. No wonder people say, "Ithaca is gorges."

So, that is our long weekend. And there is another one coming up. Off to NYC for Labor Day and to see off the in-laws as they head out to Asia for a few weeks. Then school starts back for the public schools and I will settle into some kind of routine.

2 comments:

NY KAT said...

I was starting to wonder where you were!

NY really is an awesome state. When people who are not from that area hear about NY they automatically think NYC. The state has so much more to offer than just city life!! I'm homesick!

BTW, I wasn't trying to knock the Arkansas area, it's just hard meeting new people as I'm sure you know!

Kelly said...

I know you weren't knocking Arkansas-- :)